4 Questions to Ask About Telehealth Clinic
Telehealth video visits offer you more, by staying in the comfort of your home and getting the medical care you need from us. Book your telehealth visit today at Personal Physician Care in Delray Beach, FL by giving us a call.
Table Of Contents:
Telehealth is known by many different names including telemedicine, virtual video visits, and more. Telehealth uses digital and communication technologies like computers and mobile devices to access healthcare services remotely to manage your healthcare.
You can use these technologies from your home or work and is used to improve or support your healthcare services.
Telehealth may be beneficial to you and your health by:
Offering online patient portals
– Patient portals are offered as an alternative to email to provide private medical information to the specific patient.
– Virtual appointments enable you to see your doctor or nurse via online video presence remotely. You have the ability to access ongoing care regularly with your healthcare clinic when you can’t make an in-clinic visit or if it isn’t required to visit the clinic.
Remote monitoring of your health
– Your healthcare team can monitor your health remotely through telehealth appointments as well as:
Web-based or mobile apps for uploading information like patient portals
– Devices that measure and wirelessly transmit your information such as blood pressure, blood glucose, or lung function
– Wearable devices that automatically record and transmit your information to your healthcare team such as, heart rate, blood glucose, gait, posture control, tremors, physical activity, or sleep patterns.
– Home monitoring devices for older people or people with dementia helps to detect changes in their normal activities including falls.
Doctors are easily able to talk to other doctors
This comes into great use if your doctor needs to offer important information about your health to a specialist that will be continuing your care alongside your general doctor.
Telehealth is the extensive use of electronic records and information along with telecommunication technologies to provide long-distance healthcare including transferring patient health education and resources, public health, and even health administration. Telehealth can be delivered in a number of ways including:
1. Video consults and video conferencing
2. Mobile health
3. Remote health monitoring
4. Other services
Telemedicine offers the delivery of clinical care to patients. Telemedicine offers clinical care through telecommunication technologies that may include:
– Remote video conferencing for supporting your diagnosis, treatment, and/or prevention of diseases or injuries
– Remote monitoring and support of our patients’ medical conditions
– Post-op follow-ups through video conferencing or phone calls
– Post-op transmission of vitals such as blood pressure data, ECG, and blood sugar levels collected through wireless devices
– Remote video conference calls with medical specialists and coordination of our patients care via online communication platforms
– Remote managing of any chronic conditions our patients may be dealing with
Technology is continuously evolving and offering us even more uses than we could have ever imagined possible. This is helping the healthcare sector in numerous ways to be able to stay in contact with our patients during their care with us, a great example is through the coronavirus pandemic. We were still able to monitor or help our patients throughout the pandemic and still do with telehealth services, allowing them to stay home if need be.
Telehealth also offers other benefits including cost savings, convenience, and the ability to provide care to people with mobility limitations or those based in more rural areas who may not have access to a local doctor or local clinic where they are.
Our telehealth service appointments offer you an opportunity to meet with our trusted professional medical providers by phone or video, while you stay comfortable at home or work.
No matter your needs, Personal Physician Care is here for you.
We provide telehealth appointments for most of our services including:
– Primary care
– Chronic care management
– Same-day urgent appointments
– Transitional care management
– Consultations for cosmetic procedures and other services
If you are interested in a telehealth appointment and do not see a service you wish to access via our list above, call us today. We will be more than happy to try to arrange custom telehealth appointments for you if you need them.
For more information, please call us or book an appointment online. We serve patients from Delray Beach FL, Boca Raton FL, Boynton Beach FL, Sun Valley FL, High Point FL and surrounding areas.