Lab Testing Clinic in Delray Beach, FL
Personal Physician Care provides lab testing services to patients in Delray Beach, FL and surrounding areas. If you are looking to get lab testing done, call us today or request an appointment online!
Table Of Contents:
Our primary care physicians may order lab tests for a number of reasons, this includes confirming a clinical opinion, establishing a baseline, completing a database, documentation, concern for the patients’ health, etc.
Laboratory tests are ordered on a daily basis, as blood testing along with other services are an important way to keep track of the patient’s overall physical well-being.
Having routine tests done can allow our primary care physicians to see the way your body is continually changing over time and empower the patients to make informed decisions based on their health and from any recommendations from their primary care physician.
Typically, primary care physicians will recommend our patients get routine blood work at least once a year, usually around the same time as their yearly physical. A few reasons to get lab tests like blood tests done include:
● Experiencing unusual and persistent symptoms
● Looking to optimize your health
● Reduce the risk of disease or complications
Some of the most common lab tests requested from primary care providers are:
● Blood count
• Most common blood test performed. Blood count measures the number of cells in the blood including red and white blood cells and platelets.
● Prothrombin time
• Measures how long it takes blood to clot.
● Basic metabolic panel
• The basic metabolic panel test measures glucose, sodium, potassium, calcium, carbon dioxide, blood urea nitrogen, and creatinine which can help to determine blood sugar levels, electrolyte, and fluid balance as well as kidney function.
● Comprehensive metabolic panel
• This test is normally combined with the basic metabolic panel and six other tests for a comprehensive evaluation of metabolic functions focusing on organ systems.
● Lipid panel
• Group of tests used to evaluate cardiac risk.
● Liver panel
• A combination of tests used to assess liver function and establish any possible presence of liver tumors.
● Thyroid-stimulating hormone
• Screens and monitors for the function of the thyroid.
● Hemoglobin A1C
• Diagnoses and monitors diabetes.
• Another common lab test that is requested, a general screening test used to check for early signs of disease.
• To test for the diagnoses and treatment of infections.
Personal Physician Care provides lab services for blood testing, STD and UTI Testing, EKG Testing, drug testing, and much more!
Some of the most common routine tests are:
● Complete blood count
● Chemistry panel
● Thyroid panel
● Nutrient tests for levels of vital nutrients
● Enzyme markers
● Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Your primary care doctor typically orders blood tests for you during your routine yearly physical, checkup, or an appointment intended for a specific purpose. Blood testing is normally fully covered by insurance, however, to be sure, you can contact your insurance provider to get complete clarification. Your primary care physician may also advise you about tests that may require fasting. Fasting helps to level out any levels related to your blood temporarily spiking or dropping due to your food and drink consumption. Fasting for 8-12 hours helps to ensure your blood test results are free from variables, making your test results as accurate as can be.
Some common tests that may require fasting include:
● Blood sugar levels
● Liver function
● Kidney function
● Basic metabolic panel
Yes, we do! At Personal Physician Care we offer lab services to our patients. If you are looking to get lab testing done, call us today to book an appointment! We serve patients from Delray Beach FL, Boca Raton FL, Boynton Beach FL, Sun Valley FL, High Point FL and surrounding areas